June 12, 2011

Things I'm Excited About

In no particular order...

1. Garrett is sleeping through the night!  (I'm whispering 'cause I don't want to jinx it.)  We're talkin' 7:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., people!  I once thought this day would NEVER come.

2. I spent $23.76 yesterday at Goodwill and got 3 pairs of shorts, 2 shirts, and 2 items for Garrett.  I love that place!  It also felt good to donate what I cleaned out of my closet a few days before.

3. Our latest DIY goal is to have our sun room done by Garrett's 1st birthday, which, according to the caterpillar (Thanks, Jenn, for the idea!), is 3 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days away.  This goal was Nathan's idea, by the way.  Here's how the sun room looks now:


Stay tuned for the "after" picture!

4. I'm spending next Saturday in my home town, Bismarck, for its community-wide rummage sales.

5. Next Sunday will be Nathan's 1st Father's Day!  Can't wait to give him his gift.  (There'll be pictures of that, too.)  He's doin' a great job as Garrett's daddy.  When asked what fatherhood is like for him, he responds that it's better than he thought it would be.  :-)

6. LIFE!  That's right.  I'm excited about life.  I've been at the other end of that spectrum, and where I am now is a much better place to be.  My favorite response to the question, "How are you doing?" is "Better than I deserve."  There's humility in that.  I think I'll start using it.

7. Last, but certainly not least, Garrett can rock himself in his chair from Papa.  Check him out:


Thanks for stopping by!
   

1 comment:

  1. I think this might be my favorite post of yours yet! LOVE the video... he looks like such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete