1. Garrett is sleeping through the night! (I'm whispering 'cause I don't want to jinx it.) We're talkin' 7:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., people! I once thought this day would NEVER come.
2. I spent $23.76 yesterday at Goodwill and got 3 pairs of shorts, 2 shirts, and 2 items for Garrett. I love that place! It also felt good to donate what I cleaned out of my closet a few days before.
3. Our latest DIY goal is to have our sun room done by Garrett's 1st birthday, which, according to the caterpillar (Thanks, Jenn, for the idea!), is 3 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days away. This goal was Nathan's idea, by the way. Here's how the sun room looks now:
Stay tuned for the "after" picture!
4. I'm spending next Saturday in my home town, Bismarck, for its community-wide rummage sales.
5. Next Sunday will be Nathan's 1st Father's Day! Can't wait to give him his gift. (There'll be pictures of that, too.) He's doin' a great job as Garrett's daddy. When asked what fatherhood is like for him, he responds that it's better than he thought it would be. :-)
6. LIFE! That's right. I'm excited about life. I've been at the other end of that spectrum, and where I am now is a much better place to be. My favorite response to the question, "How are you doing?" is "Better than I deserve." There's humility in that. I think I'll start using it.
7. Last, but certainly not least, Garrett can rock himself in his chair from Papa. Check him out:
Thanks for stopping by!