May 16, 2011

Our Story, In A Loosely Poetic Nutshell

Way, way back in '98, he picked me up for our first date.
Was I nervous?  Oh, you bet! What he wore I'll ne'er forget.

Dinner at The Courier, then a pleasant walk we had.
He had to take me home too soon 'cause my ear was hurtin' BAD!

There were several dates that followed.  (I suppose that's obvious.)
Would he ever pop The Question?  I was practicing my "Yes!"

Suddenly, it was 2004, the 25th of September.
To each other we promised, "I will."  That day I'll always remember.

To Monticello we returned after a trip to Mexico.
We settled in as husband and wife and eventually added Solo.

Fast forward to 2010.  A bigger house we'd need.
"Pregnant" showed up on the stick onto which I'd...well, you know.

Nathan worked hard to prepare our home for the arrival of our son.
Garrett arrived on 09/29, and in an instant our hearts he won.

So, here we are along life's road, wondering what's in store.
Join us on our journey.  There'll be love and laughter galore!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is the COOLEST post ever! You are SO creative! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for your readers! :-)

    Glad you created this... it will be a fun way for us to keep up with your sweet family! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I love this poetic first post! Have fun with this and be kind to yourself, then it will be a fun thing to do.

    What a wonderful, beautiful adventure it has been to see you come to this point in your life. I'm so proud of you!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete