May 29, 2011

Never thought I'd say this, but...

...I like cooking!  At some point since Garrett's birth (8 months ago today!), I was talking to my mom on the phone and expressed my need for a hobby.  Well, there aren't too many hobbies that fit into the demands of caring for an infant.  With that in mind, Mom suggested that I explore my interest in trying new recipes.  (Yes, Mom, you were right!)  Tonight, grilled salmon with cheese sauce made its debut on the Hannas' table.  It was quick, easy, and delicious.  (I skipped the tomatoes, and I used our indoor grill.  I found Cavender's Greek seasoning at Monticello's County Market.)  Joined by corn on the cob and boiled potatoes, our dinner was on the table in about 30 minutes!  This meal could easily be prepared at the end of the ol' 8-5 with no problem.  If you decide to try it, let me know what you think, and feel free to share simple recipes you love!  Don't get me wrong, it's still music to my ears when Nathan says, "Honey, if you don't feel like cooking tonight, I'll just have a bowl o' cereal or somethin'."

Now, all you Yo Gabba Gabba fans will appreciate this.  There was a party in Garrett's tummy this evening, and the green beans were invited!  They even minded their manners and weren't kicked out!  (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment